The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner REC in Imo state Sylva Agu of working hand in hand with the Governor of the State Hope Uzodimma to compromise the November 11 2023 Guber election in Imo warning that attempts to rig the governorship election come November 11 will be stoutly resisted.
The OYC in a Communique signed by its National President Comrade Igboayaka O. Igboayaka and Secretary General Comrade Ifeanyi Cedric Nweke demanded the immediate disbandment of the Ebubeagu by President Bola Tinubu and the immediate redeployment of all security Chiefs in Imo as well as the the redeployment of the INEC REC Agu.
See full statement below 👇👇👇
COMMUNIQUE OF THE OHANAEZE YOUTH COUNCIL (OYC) AT THE END OF HER EXPANDED NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN OWERRI THIS 4TH DAY OF NOVEMBER, 2023 FOR CRITICAL EVALUATION OF NOVEMBER 11TH GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION IN IMO STATE.
THE COUNCIL AGREED THAT ALL PERCEIVED CONSPIRACY BY INEC REC MRS. SYLVIA AGU WITH HOPE UZODINMA TO RIG THE GUBER ELECTION WILL HIT BRICK ROCK.
AS OHANAEZE YOUTH COUNCIL DEMANDS IMMEDIATE EXECUTIVE DISBANDMENT OF EBUBE AGU BY PRESIDENT AHMED BOLA TINUBU.
URGED NDI IMO TO REJECT GOV. HOPE UZODINMA RE-ELECTION; CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE REDEPLOYMENT OF ALL SECURITY CHIEFS IN IMO & INEC REC MRS. SYLVIA AGU.
The Communique reads:
- In view of the current conspiracy and political permutations of Gov. Hope Uzodinma with one Mrs. Sylvia Agu Imo State Resident Election Commissioner (REC), the apex Igbo youth organization world wide, Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) hereby issues stringent warning to Gov. Hope Uzodinma of All Progressive Congress (APC ) as well as his stooge, Mrs. Sylvia Agu, the Resident Election Commissioner(REC) to jettison any plan or attempt to rig Imo guber election. The Ohanaeze youth reaffirms that all plans made by Mrs. Sylvia Agu and Gov. Hope Uzodinma to rig the said election has been uncovered by intelligence desk of Ohanaeze Youth Council(OYC)
- To restore peace in Imo State, we call on Mr. President Ahmed Bola Tinubu, Inspector General of Police and Chief of army staff for immediate redeployment of the INEC resident Commissioner, Mrs. Sylvia Agu, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Barde, Civil Defense Commander and all the heads of security operatives in Imo State as they have compromised on the tenets of democracy and rule of law in the upcoming Imo governorship election.
- Our thorough investigation revealed that Imo State has been in politico-economic servitude, perpetual fiefdom and sufferings since forty six (46) months now of Gov. Hope Uzodinma political administration in Imo State with its attendant lawlessness, executive impunity, political killings, destructions of lives and property, hellish conditions of excess governmentalisation of both public and private lives as well as ruthless socio-political balkanisation geared towards the destruction of families against Imo people.
- It not unconnected with the truth that Gov. Hope Uzodinma’s tyrannical, ruthless, nepotic and bloodthirsty administration has subjected Imo citizen and others to untold terror, torture, dehumanisation, intimidations, threats of unnatural deaths, abuse of human rights with Nigeria police force and clandestine personal foreign security agents such for example like Ebube Agu unknown to the Nigerian people and/or government.
- An SOS call is hereby made to Mr. President, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, to immediately ban the operation of the said Ebube Agu being a deadlier militia group of Gov. Hope Uzodinma as the past experiences of the activities of Ebube Agu and its current operational activities in Imo State indicate strong ties with Gov. Hope Uzodinma using Ebube Agu as a killer squad against his political opponents in the upcoming guber election on the 11th day of November, 2023.
6.It’s no longer a story akin to that of fairytales and/or of a rocket science that Gov. Hope Uzodinma, out of undue political desperations and latent wickedness as well as ruthlessness, has ushered untold hardship, penury and killing of vibrant young Nigerian youths and others with his said Ebube Agu militia group. We call on the Imolites and Ndigbo to reject Gov. Hope Uzodinma’s re-election bid while it is our warning to Ndi Imo and/or Ndi Igbo that the second tenure of Gov. Hope Uzodinma, if allowed, would make Imo State to be like Somalia where human lives mean to nothing.
- We acknowledged that Gov. Hope Uzodinma and the Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Barde, have tangled in inseparable corruption deals and this accounts for the lone reason why Gov. Hope Uzodinma made a heavy bribe and defied the transfer of Mohammed Barde with Commissioner of Police, Stephen Olarewaju, even since May, 2023 against the release for changes and/or reshuffling of Commissioners of Police made by the Police Service Commission across some States.
8.It’s shocking that under his careless administration, first in the history of Imo State, Eight (8) traditional rulers have lost their lives in the hands of the complained agents of deaths of both non-State actors, foreign security agents of the repressive and despotic Gov. Hope Uzodinma. It’s on record that around July, 2022, Imo State caught fire and was plunged into a historic bloodbath by the bloodthirsty government of Gov. Hope Uzodinma and fourteen (14) innocent Imo youths were gruesomely but extra-judicially murdered in Otulu, Oru West LGA after returning from a traditional wedding. They were killed in horrific, gory and barbaric manner by the Ebube Agu militia Group employed and being under the bankrolling of Gov. Hope Uzodinma which death sellers of security terrorism is unknown to the Nigerian government. The details of this fact are published in both local tabloids and national dailies.
9.We wept at the horror report of the International Society For Civil Liberties and Rule of Law (Intersociety) by a renowned, respected criminologist, Comrade Emeka Umeagbalasi which revealed that “in 29 Months (from Jan., 2021- May, 2023), under Gov. Hope Uzodinma in Imo State, Nigeria: security forces (the Tiger Base) and the allied militias killed 900 unarmed citizens, wounded 700, arbitrarily arrested and detained 3500, extorted 1,400, disappeared 300, burned down 1,200 civilian houses, displaced their 30,000 owners and forced 500,000 citizens in active age-brackets to flee to escape being shot and killed or abducted and disappeared in security custody as armed non-State actors, counterfeit agitators, death squads, street violent criminal entities, etc, killed 700 (400 in Captivity and 300 in open shootings) and abducted 900.
- We condemn in its entirety the executive rascality and impunity of the tyrant governor, Hope Uzodinma, on the attempted murder of Comrade Joe Ajaero, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) President by Gov. Hope Uzodinma and his killers aids squad and urged every Labour Union members to mobilise voters against Gov. Hope Uzodinma on 11th day of November governorship election.
- We urged Imolites and all the respecters of humans lives to come out em mass and collect every dollar and Naira the Gov. Hope Uzodinma’s bloodthirsty, ruthless and tyrannical government will share on the election day but ensure and avoid generational curses, we charge the Imolites to dedicate such money from Gov. Hope Uzodinma to God before using it as such money has been cast with spell. Such money is from Imo allocation but dedicated to devil Altar. We implore Ndi Imo to collect the money and vote against Gov. Hope Uzodinma’s evil, wicked, insecurity and blood sucking government.
- Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC), on behalf of Igbo youths world wide, observed one minute silence in the honour of the Igbo youths whose lives were cut off in their prime, our Imo/Igbo future leaders who died at their pools of blood under Gov. Hope Uzodinma’s tyrannical, ruthless, blood sucking government. May their souls rest in perfect peace, amen!
Comrade Igboayaka O. Igboayaka
National President General Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC)
Comrade Ifeanyi Cedric Nweke
Secretary General Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC)
4th November, 2023.